Monday, June 15, 2009

Free Country Part 1

I hear this at least five times a week. "We live in a free country." What the fuck is free about the country we live in?? I paid for my cars. I just received my tax bills in the mail today. If this is a free country, why do I have to pay taxes on the shit I bought? I bought my house, and I have to pay close to five grand a year in taxes. I understand why I must pay the taxes, but what exactly is free about our country??

Free speech?? The first and fifth amendments only apply in court. I know plenty of people who have gotten arrested for doing nothing more than talking shit to a cop. I've gotten hit a couple times for telling a cop "shut the fuck up" or "get the fuck away from me" or "you ain't shit without that badge and gun." You can say I talk to police with a lot of respect. Is it really our constitutional right to say whatever you want. Were you able to say whatever it was that you wanted to your parents?? Here's a hint.... Hell no. I was a bad little mother fucker, so I said whatever it was I wanted to say. And I got my ass beat for it. I paid for my words, therefore they were not free.

The fifth amendment allows us to remain quiet, do we always have that choice?? When the cops walk up to you and ask you something, and you remain quiet, you're going to the station. No matter the situation. They will make you pay for being quiet. If your boss asks you why you are late and you respond with silence, the professional relationship is damaged. Your comfort level at work decreases, therefore you pay for being silent.

So I ask again, what the fuck is free?? I've heard air and opportunity. Yeah air is still free, unless you live in north jersey. Yesssss. North Jersey smells like dog farts. I said it, now let's move on. Opportunity?? how much opportunity do we have in this economy. The number of college graduates are increasing and the number of jobs available is decreasing. I'm always the one to say there's a lot of money to be made, but the opportunities of getting it is evaporating. You have to put in a lot of work to get one of the few opportunities left, therefore we must pay for our opportunities.

Welfare and other forms of State aid might seem free to those receiving it. But how can it be free when I'm paying for the shit. I'm tired of paying this crazy amount of taxes so that a bunch of "citizens" can live lazily. So the people who are doing something with their life, must support the people who are doing nothing. Seems to me like the only way to get something free, is to live life effortlessly. The more you make and the more you grow, the more you must give away. So please tell me, what the fuck is free??

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind after reading this??