Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dissing Jay-Z?



To this day, I can not understand why a rapper would make a Jay-Z diss. Is he not the biggest living name in Hip-Hop right now? No matter what you say, Jay-Z is the best to do it. No diss respect to the fallen greats (Big, Stack Bundles, Pun and Pac), but we can not include them in this conversation.
I might've just pissed somebody off with that, but honestly I do not give a fuck.

When talking about basketball, the majority of people will say that Jordan was the best to do it. There were many other athletes that scouts believe have had the talent and athleticism necessary to surpass Jordan. Penny Hardaway was one of them. His basketball career was cut short, so we don't include him in our talks of greatness. Tracy McGrady, at one point, was the most dominating guard in the game. He scored 33 points in 13 seconds. Multiple injuries have kept him from reaching his full potential and he does not get a mention in the greatest ever ballots. Jay Williams had a powerful resume coming into league until his dumb ass crashed that motorcycle.

My point is... If you have to say, "They could've /would've been the best is they were still living," then they probably wasn't the best when they died.

Now back to this Jay-Z slander. I can see why he is not liked. I like to think of myself as semi-successful and I see all of the hatred that comes with it. I can't imagine how many rocks must hit Jay-Z daily. It's all hate. These people pick out the biggest name in hip hop and try to use the controversy to pull themselves up the totem pole. Dame Dash made comments about Jay-Z's success. A few months later Dame went bankrupt. He said, "I'm Dame Dash Broke."


Diplomat's just reunited after two years of not speaking to each other, and they are making Jay-Z diss songs again? Seriously? This is a dumb. All the bickering and bitching about each other has finally come to an end, so you turn around and direct it at another man? I don't get it. I'm tending to believe that the Diplomats can't make music unless they have someone to talk about. There's always some bitchassness going on in their camp.





I can understand Peedi Crakk's comments about Jay-Z, but looking in as the third party, Jay-Z gave this North Philly hood nigga a chance to succeed. Jay didn't hold this man back. Crakk's buzz didn't buzz as much as anticipated. I believe Crakk grinded harder before and after the Roc-a-fella deal. He should've been making shit happen while he was signed. His bars should've been harder. Peedi really had one memorable verse, and no others. I'll refresh your memory.

It's not a game I'm from Philly
Go by the name P, Prizzy Mac Milly
Used to with Young Crizzy in the back rolling on twigs
People wanna know who run with me, nobody but the bang, bang
Streets forgive me, street vocals searching the city, sing
Peedi, Peedi, I heard that they got your number
Alias you've been living under the mack goes blinggg
Peedi, Peedi, I heard that they watch your mother
Got a hit on your brother, like motherfucker don't - blink
Crack, smack a tooth out your choppers
Any wrong move, I blast the tool up on you fuckers
Wait, that's just enough for you to follow
Heavyweight rap, I spit for much for you to swallow
Blap, Blap, number one with a bullet
Play with them guns to the fullest
Your stupid ass get, clapped, ask
About my past and my future, you disrespect it, I'll shoot you
Treat it just like that...

Now one for Peedi Crakk
And two for Free'
Three for Young Gunna
And four for Sig'

But come on Peedi, no more Jay disses.





B Pumper, one of the whackest rappers ever, makes a diss track at Jay-Z. I don't think Pumper expected the bad publicity that he got from that stunt. He should've burned the tape instead of making that public.

I'm not even going to go in on Brian Pumper like I want to. Sit your dumb ass down.






Bizzle the Christian Rapper even has a Jay-Z diss. C'mon son. You religion teaches that slander is bad, and you come out with a Christian diss track. Haaaaa! This track is not going to get you in the VIP line at the pearly gates. Dummy.






Beanie Sigel had a chance. He had a voice. He had hits. He had an entourage. He had the biggest name in hop-hop saying his name everywhere he went. PAUSE. Sigel, what's the problem? It's big business. Jay did not have to release this man from the contract so that he could sign with G-Unit. That wouldn't have been a great business move.

Beanie Sigel – The Truth
Released: 2/29/00
Sales: 695,000

Beanie Sigel – The Reason
Released: 6/26/01
Sales: 585,000

State Property (lead by Beanie Sigel) – The Chain Gang, Vol. 2
Released: 8/12/03
Sales: 296,000

Beanie Sigel – The B. Coming
Released: 02/22/05
Sales: 431,700

Beanie Sigel – The Solution
Released: 12/11/07
Sales: 346,000


Sigel's sales were low. He didn't appeal to enough people. He went from a big name to a mixtape artist. Stop blaming that man for you shortcomings.







The only successful Jay-Z diss was Ether by Nas. There will never be another. All these other tracks are like Juan Dixon talking shit about Allen Iverson or Elton Brand talking shit about Karl Malone. It can be comical, but it's not relevant.






Shawn Carter has had multiple chances to fall off and didn't. Method Man, one of my all-time greats, fell off. The whole Wu-Tang fell off. Nas fell off. Ice Cube fell off. Busta rhymes.... hmmmmm.... maybe he didn't fall off but he is not in control of this game. Fabolous is not as hot as he once was. This list can get long and disrespectful. I'll end it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind after reading this??